Making your small business Facebook page a hub of social activity for your business is a huge task if you expect to expand your business using social media. However many are lulled into thinking that simply putting up a business page and posting once every few months ought to do it. Not by a long shot.
You’ll have to actually make this a marketing channel if you want the best results, and the best part about it is it can and often does pay off handsomely. To help you we’ve narrowed down 7 tips for helping to maximize your Facebook business page.
7 Tips for a better Facebook business pege results
- Check out the new Call to action feature – Facebook now gives you the ability to insert a call to action into your posts. They include “Shop Now,” “Sign Up,” “Book Now,” “Contact Us,” “Use App,” “Play Game” and “Watch Video.”
- Schedule posts ahead of time – You have the capability schedule posts in advance either on the Facebook interface or by using a third party tool like Hootsuite. This can free up some time, and still let you make the occasional random post when you want.
- Give the people what they want – Look in the Posts section of your settings and under post types you’ll see the types of posts that your audience is craving. You might be surprised at what it shows there!
- Post consistently – If you’re not posting at least once a day in your business, you’re not doing enough. This helps you stay in touch with your audience, and is especially helpful if customer service issues arise there!
- Engage socially as your page – Make sure you Like, Share and comment as your page to help build fans, gain authority and possibly find new people to either work with or for.
- Share newsand views – Whenever your business is given attention, your Facebook page is an ideal place for sharing this.
- Drop links to your site and other web properties – Your Facebook business page is an excellent vehicle to use to send visitorsto your web pages, videos and salespages.
Making your Facebook business page work for you isn’t hard, but does involve some effort. The payoff can be so worth it though.